Begging in the subway.
I hesitated a lot to take this photo, then to post it. Moreover, it was rather badly perceived.
But it’s also a scene of the 2012’s Paris. It’s not a very frequent scene — he dragged himself on the ground. I don’t know if he feigned or if he was really handicaped. But I guess that we perceive the other travelers emotion.
Am I wrong or not? I do not know. I can be this beggar, tomorrow.
I testify for my city, and I cry with her as I also laugh & love with her at other times.
Just before this one, I took a lovers “typically Parisian” photo, if one of you wants to see it, just tell me, I’ll post it here too.
Paris, subway, June 8th, 2012.
12 Notes/ Hide
- dayvmattt aime ce billet
- denverstreetphotog a dit : Claudine, it’s sad, but we don’t know all of the truth behind people’s stories. We know what they show us at the moment we encounter them. Sometimes this is enough to know their life is difficult, at the least.
- denverstreetphotog aime ce billet
- brooklyntheory aime ce billet
- bryanstokely aime ce billet
- laoxipi aime ce billet
- pixandum aime ce billet
- pauledaniels a dit : i’d like to see it!
- pauledaniels aime ce billet
- hawkeye39 aime ce billet
- phrenzel aime ce billet
- clokaroundtherock a publié ce billet